Our school tours are filled with lots of fun and education for students of all ages. Plan early if you would like your group to share in the fun! We will be offering tours on weekdays throughout the Fall season. As parents ourselves, we think it's a terrific way to learn about farming, nature and the environment.
Teacher Appreciation Day, Sunday, September 18 10AM-7PM. New attractions, door prizes, and more... you are invited to a sneak peek at everything we have to offer for this year's educational school field trips. We encourage you to plan early for your classes to visit the farm for a memorable and fun-filled learning adventure. Teacher (with valid ID) and one guest free.
Educational School Tour Schedule
Tours are held Monday through Friday 9am-3pm
September 19 - October 31, 2016
$5.00 per person Friday, September 16 ONLY - be the first to tour the farm at our very special rate!
$6.00 per person / September 19 - September 30 / includes one small pumpkin
$7.00 per person / October 3 - October 31 / includes one small pumpkin
One teacher or chaperone free for every five students.
Children 2 and under are free.
Our objective is to provide an enjoyable and unique educational environment for children to learn about pumpkins, trees and the fall harvest season on an authentic working farm. This experience will bring your classroom lessons to life where students can ask questions and have hands-on fun.
There are many interesting and exciting activities here at the farm. An animated "Bert the Beekeeper" shares the buzz about honey and other bee facts in The Bee Barn. Gene and Cousin Davey lead the crowd in cheering on our curly tailed friends to the finish line at the Hillbilly Pig Races. The Farm Discovery Center will be open for students to visit on their own. Teachers may lead their class at their own pace and scheduled events will be posted daily at the Admission Barn.
Please stress to students the importance of dressing properly. They may need to wear boots or coats, depending on the weather.
School Tour Admission includes:
- Farm Animal Center, one cone of feed
- Roba's Mega Maze, Mini Corn Maze, Hay Maze
- Kid's Corral, Pumpkin Jumping Pillow
- The Chicken Show, Barnyard Animal Band, Hillbilly Pig Races
- Farm Discovery Center, The Bee Barn
- One Small Pumpkin
The Harvest Barn will be open for visitors to purchase pumpkins, seasonal products and decorations. Farm staff members are available throughout the farm to answer any questions.
The Old Barn Cafe & Bakery and Jake's Chuck Wagon will be open daily (See Treats to Eat). Hot dogs, chicken tenders, nachos and cheese, French fries, cider donuts and much more will be available. We have picnic areas. Lunch may be purchased at the farm or you may bring your own food.
Teachers, sign up for our free newsletter!
Roba Family Farms Coloring Sheet
- When you arrive at the farm, ask everyone to remain on the bus until you have your wristbands.
- The teacher should bring the confirmation letter and completed attendance form to the Admission Barn, along will full payment for your group.
- For parents not riding the bus, we request that you collect their admission fees in advance, so they may be included in your full payment.
- Our cashier will give you an admission packet with everything you will need for the day.
- Please assure that everyone puts on their wristbands before getting off the bus.
- Roba Family Farms reserves the right to cancel if weather conditions are unfavorable for visits. If weather conditions are poor, you may call and cancel your group without any obligation.